The human body is a complex living organism that requires daily maintenance in order to be healthy. Examples of how one can properly maintain one’s body to healthy levels include drinking a good amount of water on a regular basis, eating right and exercising. And when the body is not functioning properly, one must certainly seek a medical doctor. A doctor will run all sorts of tests and order blood examinations in order to find any such problem that may be causing one’s body not to be working properly. Once the problem is found, usually a doctor will prescribe medicine to get the body back to normal but when medicine is not enough, the person might require surgery to ultimately cure him or her of any such ailment. One should take surgery very seriously and it doesn’t matter if it is a minor or a complicated procedure, a patient and his or her doctor should always discuss the proper steps that should be followed before and after surgery.
The Dos and Don’ts
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, coffee, gum, or mints.
- Shower or bathe with antibacterial soap before your arrival. This type of soap can be purchased at most grocery or drug stores.
- Do not drink alcohol after 6 p.m. the day before surgery.
- Do not use any body lotions, oils or perfumes on the area where you will be having surgery.
- Don’t drive yourself to the hospital. Plan arrangements for an adult to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. If you do not have someone to drive you home or stay with you during the first 24 hours after surgery, there are private companies that can provide this service for you, obviously at a cost which most medical insurances cover.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Don’t wear any jewelry. Leave them at home.
It doesn’t matter if you are having a simple or complicated surgery because any kind of procedure will certainly have both an emotional and a physical effect on the body. Make sure you follow Dr. Viterbo’s instructions and make sure you have someone there to support you through the process. And most importantly, always try to be calm.
For more information please consult the clinic of Dr. Fausto Viterbo Plastic Suergery +55 14 3882-5414 or email email@example.com